Sunday, April 23, 2017

Changing Interests

As fresh, bright eyed occupational therapy students, many begin their journey with a destination in mind. Some are set on working in pediatrics while others set their sights on specific hospitals or organizations that they aspire to work for. Before I began school, I thought I might want to work as a traveling OT and have the opportunity to experience several settings before settling into my niche, or I thought I might enjoy the acute care or mental health settings. My answer would change depending on the day, which I find to still be true almost 5 months into my journey in OT school. I think that this is one of the great advantages of our field. Being able to work in a variety of settings and having the chance to change settings depending on your interests is such a unique and wonderful thing about occupational therapy. I have certainly found that the more I learn, the more interested I become in things I had not considered before now. I look forward to watching my own and my classmates' interests evolve as we continue to open ourselves to learning about the many wonderful qualities of our future profession.

1 comment:

FW1C Debriefing