Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Main Takeaway from Foundations Course

There were a lot of things about the Foundations course that really supplemented my learning. The more and more I learned about all of the ins and outs of what OT is, what OTs do, and how they go about doing it, I realized that my initial thoughts about occupational therapy as a field were so narrow compared to what I now know. I truly feel like learning about what OT is and what it stands for as a profession really helped me further solidify my feelings about occupational therapy truly being more of a calling than just a job. Aside from learning so much about the more intangible aspects that go into the philosophy and purpose of occupational therapy, I also got a lot out of learning about the more concrete components that will be integral parts of our days once we are full time practitioners. Doing things such as the occupational profile, activity analysis, and working through the OTPF, really helped to give me a better idea of what it is OTs do day in and out. In the end, this class really got me pumped about starting a career in one of the greatest professions out there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad, Alexa - and I look forward to continuing to watch you grow as an OT student and beyond!

    ReplyDelete

FW1C Debriefing